Ya’ll, I’ve done it again. I made MORE soup! I can not help myself. It just warms my heart so much; it’s irresistible to make… and eat of course!
I was so excited to get this one on the table, that I didn’t really get a good picture of it before we all sat down and ate the entire pot. WHOOPS!
This one is another 30 minute meal! It’s so easy to make.
1 large eggplant, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
32 ounces (4 cups) chicken broth
28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 pound ground meat (I used ground Italian sausage, but beef would go great as well)
1 pound raviolini (mini, cheese-filled ravioli)
basil, torn or sliced, to taste
grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a medium soup pot, brown ground meat over medium heat, drain excess fat leaving about 3 tablespoons.
- Add eggplant, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and onion powder to taste and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add raviolini and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in basil.
- Serve topped with cheese.